Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

wrote:

I'm sorry to be confusing! I wasn't trying to be. I did want to use
it mostly for simple voice recording in a studio, to record PSAs and
promos. But I would love once to take it to a basketball game, and I
can take it to

1. Find out what you really want a microphone for.

2. Buy a microphone that is good for that application.

3. Stop worrying about what it looks like, unless looks are critical for
that application (as they are for TV stuff, tribute bands, etc).