Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] air453@gmail.com is offline

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

On Jan 1, 4:38 pm, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

[finally, after a week on the newsgroup's racks the questionee gives in and
admits what he intended to use the mic for, and it is NOT what he initially
said it was about]

So why don't you use a headset or clip-on mic connected to the
telephone interface, set up the 55, and pretend that's what you're
broadcasting through?

That's pure wisdom! - an omni ain't gonna cut it for "in audience" sports
casting if the crowd gets enthusiastic.

I'm sorry to be confusing! I wasn't trying to be. I did want to use
it mostly for simple voice recording in a studio, to record PSAs and
promos. But I would love once to take it to a basketball game, and I
can take it toOn Jan 1, 4:38 pm, "Peter Larsen"
wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

[finally, after a week on the newsgroup's racks the questionee gives in and
admits what he intended to use the mic for, and it is NOT what he initially
said it was about]

So why don't you use a headset or clip-on mic connected to the
telephone interface, set up the 55, and pretend that's what you're
broadcasting through?

That's pure wisdom! - an omni ain't gonna cut it for "in audience" sports
casting if the crowd gets enthusiastic.

I'm sorry to be confusing! I wasn't trying to be. I did want to use
the mic mostly for simple voice recording in a studio, to record PSAs
and promos. But I would love once to take it to a basketball game,
and I can take it to a women's game where crowd noise won't be as big
of a problem.

I really love the way the 55 SH sounds (and it's unidirectional) and
if I could get something like that inside my vintage fatboy chrome
shell, that would be perfect for me. I don't want it for show though,
I want it for myself, which is why I don't want to use it as a prop
(with a lav as the active mic). If I could get one that is
functional, it would become my prized possession.

If it can't be done, it can't be done, but I figured I'd ask.

Adam