Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default decent home cd player for under $100?

"Daniel Fox" wrote in message
oups.com
On Feb 26, 9:18 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

player a couple of years back and found similar results.
The 2 players I tested unfortunately turned out to have
relatively short lives.

No point in getting a temporary replacement...

If this all seems a little risky, you might want to pick
up one of the low cost Universal players that play SACD,
DVD-A, CD's, etc. They seem to be in your price range.

Can you think of a suitable example I might look into?

Check out the current Pioneer offering. I have one of their earlier
inexpensive universal players and it seems just fine.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/discplayers/1203pioneer/

I think the current model is DV-588

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers....&Search=Search

Here's annother review of some other items:

http://hometheater.about.com/cs/dvdl...pdvdasacda.htm

IMO it does not make a lot of sense to blow the big bucks on a player that
does not support both DVD-HD and Blu Ray.