Posted to rec.audio.pro
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default 2016 Winter NAMM Show Report

Once upon a time on usenet geoff wrote:
On 24/05/2016 5:40 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet JackA wrote:
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 7:40:25 AM UTC-4, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet Mike Rivers wrote:
I've posted my full show report on my web site. Visit there, or if
you're lazy, here's the direct link to the report as a PDF:

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...ike_rivers.pdf

Thanks, interesting read.

I always liked the Gizmo, being the hurdy gurdy (and 10cc) fan that
I am.

Do you do the Wall Street Shuffle?

I wish! No, my 10cc faves are "I'm Mandy fly me", 'I'm not in love',
'Art for art's sake' and 'Dreadlock holiday'. I like quite a few
others (and had a couple of albums on vinyl back in the day) but
they're the best IMO, they evoke memories of a more... interesting
time in my life.

Mandy and Dreadlock have been ruined for me by The Sound - who thrash
them to death.

Shame.

Never was *that* smitten with 10CC anyway.

I liked that they were different to the other music of the day and a few
songs 'grabbed me'. Godly and Creme were quite innovative and that appealed
as I dislike the endless similarity that is mainstream pop music.

Don't you hate that (if you are a casual radio listener) - radio
stations that appear at first glance to be on the same 'wavelength' as
you musically, but then turn out to repeat the same limited playlist
over and over, often around the same time slot each day ?!!

It's for this very reason (and my abhorance of advertisments) that I haven't
listened to radio for at least 35 years.

Oh, last year I tried 'internet radio' on and off for a couple of days
before deciding nothing had changed in the three decades since I'd last
listened to radio.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."