Posted to rec.audio.pro
Preben Friis Preben Friis is offline

Default Software for Writing sheet music on computer staff

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message

What ProTools users appear to have so far is a semi-automated routine
for creating a MID file of one or more tracks, then presenting it for
import into Sibelius.

Apart from the script that calls Sibelius, it's exactly the same
facility available to any other sequencer that can export a MID file.
Neat, but a long way short of having Sibelius available as an
interactive Score Edit page in ProTools. Maybe that's why it's
attracted no attention on the Sibelius forums.

Right now, yes, but I guess there must be a deeper reason for buying
Sibelius. I guess the "Send to..." menu was what they could make in a short
time. Maybe there will be full integration in PT75 .. or PT80 ...

/Preben Friis