Walther

Sander deWaal wrote:
Walther said:

Want to restore your friendship, let your friend withdraw the case and
compensate him eventually with this one?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...78969 89&rd=1

it is not a csv-60, though. But this csv-13 has been nicely refurbished.

In case the "friend" wants to pursue the suit, the asking price isn't
gonna help him.........600 euros for this amp is quite steep if you
ask me.

Yep, quite a lot. Why look for the holy grail? I already _got_ me one.

But I understand the sensation an accidental loss of a CSV-60 may cause,
at least to an enthusiast that knows about its value - which is not
possible to count in cash alone. Thatīs not everything to a collector!

IMO, btw., one has to access itīs real value with the _ears_ only.

But as some RAT poster pointed out recently, going prices these days
are determined by Ebay.

Recently I saw a Radford SC22/STA25 combo in original (mint) condition
for sale here. Asking price? 1200 euros. Sold in one day............

Impressive! I missed that... and, btw., am not going to sell mine ;-).

For determination of prices through ebay - I found out that high end
equipment goes much higher in Europe than in the US. Maybe the old
continent has more buyers or more serious listeners.

But this is for contemporary gear only - on the other hand, there are e.
g. very few Braun amps over there in the US - it seems they were mainly
sold at home. A european vintage amp reimport biz would not flourish
like one with sportscars from california :-(.

Walther