Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default r/audioengineering could really use you guys

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:20:53 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Which is, of course, exactly what the situation demanded.

Not at all. Everyone needed to learn something from it. No one else

did.

I did. I learned that there is no such thing as unutterable rubbish.

Then you haven't learned to question "received truth".
There is a huge difference between knowing something, and understanding

it.
Most people never get past the "knowing" part.

I agree entirely. This illustrates perfectly your position in re
digital/analogue signals. A lack of real questioning and understanding
prevents you from seeing what the two really mean.

My original remark (in this thread) referred to the fundamental difference
between analog and digital -- NOT, as you chose to frame it, whether the
output of a DAC is analog or digital.

If you feel you understand this, then state the difference between analog
and digital in a simple manner. I'll be away from my computer until Saturday
morning, so you needn't rush.

With regard to this matter, I feel rather like Wanda Landowska, who said
"You play Bach your way, and I'll play him his way." You may not understand
this, Mr Pearce, but it is quite possible for "received truth" about
something to be dead wrong. Truth is not something to be voted on, with the
majority of votes establishing it.

I remain disappointed that, when I spoke the truth, not one person in this
group responded "Ah! I see! Now I get it." Not one. It's bad that you accept
what other people say, without thinking through things yourself.