Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default r/audioengineering could really use you guys

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:34:48 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

"timewarp2008" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 5:08 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I'd be willing to get involved in such a group... If the majority of

members
could prove that they actually understand the difference between analog

and
digital. But they don't and won't, so I'm not interested.

Yeah, it would be a shame if the group were filled
with clueless numpties, such as any twit who could
make this ridiculous assertion:

"Is the audio output of a CD player analog or digital?"

It's digital. Once you've converted analog to digital, the damage
is done and can't be undone. You can't go home again.

We had a long, vigorous discussion about this issue. I learned something
from it. No one else did.

Which is, of course, exactly what the situation demanded.

Not at all. Everyone needed to learn something from it. No one else did.