ren

Brian wrote:
I had so many replies in my last post about BOSE that I thought I'd
better start a new post. No one wants to read 199 or so posts and some
of the posts were not related to my question.

Thank you for all your helpful replies.

It's possible that the BOSE speakers do not sound good in a large
room.
The Room I have my BOSE speakers in is 5 x 3.5 meters. The distance
from the speakers is 3 meters.
The BOSE sub woofer is in a corner facing the wall so that low
frequency sound bounces off the wall giving me more bass volume.
If I turn up the volume too high then the speakers don't sound so
good, for example when I say loud I mean so loud that I can't hear the
speech of someone standing next to me. I normally have the volume loud
enough to hear the phone ring or are able to talk to someone next to
me without shouting.

So what I'm saying is BOSE can sound good but only in a certain setup.

I had a listen a pair of Paradigm speakers. One was called "Esprit"
the other "Phantion". They're floor standing speakers. They seem to
sound their best with music that rapidly changes in volume such as
orchestra music that has impact as they have a wide dynamic range.
They lacked in imaging and in deep bass as there low frequency
response was 45Hz.

Regards Brian

I want to be polite but simply put with no way around it you are just
plain wrong about your observations. Unless you are using them as
headphones and even then your results are questionable. Have you ever
heard a real hifi? The previous thread had links to detailed
information regarding the inadequacies of bose systems did you read
them. You are really turning into a troll or someone with severe buyers
remorse trying to convince themselves of something is scientifically
untrue. If bose floats your boat then be quiet and float away but don't
be a FOOL and try to convince rational audiophiles that bose is anything
even nearly resembling true fidelity. Bose is an attempt at getting a
certain kind of concert like live sound it is not accurate 20Hz-20kHz
+/- 3dB sound reproduction. That said a pair of good tweeters costs
more than those dinky distortion producing non uniform frequency
outputting mid bass drivers (if they can even be called that) that are
in your bose system. Please sit in your room and listen to your bose
system and enjoy it, because I'm sure it can be enjoyable but again
don't try to convince anyone that it's hifi. Thanks.