fred-bloggs

wrote in news:1127828599.725803.73630
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hi, NRen2k5!

Thank you kindly for your information.

I ran into another problem. It appears that, after using WaveGain, it
is not advisable to turn the volume too loud as it could cause
clipping. Is this correct? As I am using mainly disco music, it follows
that I will use loud music, at least some of the time. So I am
thinking, could it be that this WaveGain is not the best solution for
me? Also, normalizing by "average" levels can pose the same problem.

If you use album gain on a whole folder of wav files and leave clipping
prevention turned on you will not get clipping and all files will sound
the same volume.

More information in WaveGainManual.htm

--
fred