Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech

Default Vinyl to CD on a PC

In article . com,
wrote:

In the case of CD because the intention is to 'improve' on the master
tape. With LP often essential to produce a playable version.

Dude get your head out of your ass. It will help you hear better. You
really think the current state of CD mastering is about improving the
sound?

You don't understand the use of parenthesis? Or irony?

You must be deaf or a complete ****ing idiot to believe that
crap.

Better, perhaps, than being just plain uneducated. ;-)

Hey I have an idea go get the new Dylan album on CD and tell us
how the mastering improved the sound on the master tape.

It's an interesting one. Someone of the likes of Dillon complains about
poor CD - or rather digital, sound - and then allows his first new album
in many years to confirm just that. Can't somehow see him being over-ruled
by his record company, so perhaps he couldn't be bothered to do anything
about it.

But if you're copying a LP to CD at home, this doesn't apply.

It's quite revealing.

Yes it is. Give it a try.

Why repeat what I said?

Where did you say "Yes it is. Give it a try?"

The crunch point comes at about 12 bits

What didn't you understand about "using your ears?" Let me guess
you came up with this number using blind listening tetsts
yourself?

Ah - you didn't understand what I meant at all. And obviously
haven't conducted this sort of test.

Right. I haven't conducted tests below 16 bits.

Why not?

I answered the question just below didp****.

No you didn't. You sort of stated the nonsense that you could here the
difference between 16 and 24 which isn't the same thing. It suggests you
started out thinking 16 bit isn't good enough...

You seem convinced 16 bit doesn't deliver what *you* want - so perhaps
12 might? After all, the measurable parameters of an LP are well below
16 bit spec in every way, so perhaps this would be just what you're
looking for.

You are indeed a ****ing idiot.

Why? You apparently love the degradation *all* vinyl causes. Unless you
think clicks and plops - just as an example - were actually there before?

Why should I when I hear differences between 16 and 24?

Right. Thank you for confirming you don't know how to conduct proper
testing.

thank you for confirming your head is in fact way up your ass.

First start with an open mind...

(straight) Once you use companding or over sampling the waters
get cloudy. The figures for NICAM TV sound - 11 bit companded
- and CD at 16 bit weren't plucked out of the air as some seem
to think.

Dude keep on using those numbers to make your choices.

Not *my* choices, pal.

My bad. I forgot that some just can't think for themselves

Oh you certainly 'think'.

Yes, you might want to give it a try some day.

*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

Is that how you do things? Explains a lot. No thank you. I am a big fan
of excellence.

Tag generators are beyond you too?

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.