Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default Of $90,000 turntables, Stradivarius violins, red wine, and blindfolds

On 4/22/2014 7:16 AM, Scott wrote:
On Monday, April 21, 2014 4:02:48 PM UTC-7, KH wrote:
On 4/20/2014 6:30 AM, Scott wrote:

No, you're conflating "perception", inclusive of bias, with *audible*.

If you put the same component in two different boxes, one may well be

preferred over the other, sighted, but it will have zero to do with

*audibility*.

I am not conflating anything. If you put two different components that are known to sound different in those same boxes the sound difference will also affect preference.

Uhmm, yes, because they sound different.

Once again you gravitate towards the black and white and ignore the gray in between. We actually do hear things under sighted conditions and what we actually hear also affects what we think we hear. Bias hardly makes up 100% of our perceptions.

It is black and white. Sighted, you cannot *know* how much bias is
introduced, or whether it suppresses differences or "creates"
differences in perception where no audible differences are present. That
is an established fact. So, virtually meaningless for any subtle
differences in components where, from an engineering perspective, no
audible difference should exist.