Posted to rec.audio.high-end
ST[_2_] ST[_2_] is offline

Default Of $90,000 turntables, Stradivarius violins, red wine, and blindfolds

On Friday, 11 April 2014 04:37:49 UTC+8, Walt wrote:
Unless You Can Do It Blindfolded, Please STFU
=20
=20
=20
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...-do-it-blindf=

olded-please-stfu
=20
=20
=20
(reacting to Gary's observation that the posting has been light lately,
=20
thought I'd pass this one along...)
=20
=20
=20
--=20
=20
//Walt

Read about this article long time ago. I even downgraded my equipment many =
years ago because I am unable to pass the blind test and yet now I think bl=
ind test may not be telling everything. Read somewhere in one of the scienc=
e journals that brain scan revealed different part of the brain active when=
a saxophonist plays a score and while improvising the known score. I wonde=
r which part of our brain working under blind test.

I do not believe that we can distinguish strads or wines or Beluga caviar f=
rom Sterlet on immediate blind test but over a period of time they may well=
have a preference. All this while, our understanding is the brain function=
s uniformly but now science has proven they do not and therefore matters in=
volving taste or senses and emotion may need to be relooked.