Steven Sullivan

Default "Universal" Players less DVD-Video

Peter wrote:
Does anyone know of the existence, or perhaps the planning, of "Universal"
players, that will play CDs, CDRs, CDRWs, SACDs, and DVD-As, but not DVD
Video?

No, but on some players you have the option of bypassing the video circuitry.

It seems to me that a "Universal" player as I described above would be much
simpler, and less expensive, to build than one that also incorporates
DVD-Video, and at least I for one, and I would think many other music
enthusiasts, really have no interest in combining Video with High-Fidelity
audio systems.

It's rather difficult to navigate a DVD-A without DVD-video capability.

--

-S.

"They've got God on their side. All we've got is science and reason."
-- Dawn Hulsey, Talent Director