Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default RNC question

On 5/8/2017 6:23 PM, geoff wrote:
Why I want to know the *actual* current requirement is that one
possibility is running all 3 off a single wall-wart, but not if real
current requirement is 1.5A, in which case I'll build a box with a
xformer. Ideally with isolated 9v windings.

I'll bet that a transformer with three 9v secondaries is going to be
pretty hard to find. But I suspect that running them off the same
single-winding transformer isn't going to be a problem. The RNC inputs
and outputs are single-ended (unbalanced) so any two that connect to the
same piece of equipment, like two channels of a mixer, will have their
grounds tied together anyway.