Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default RNC question

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 9:22:43 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/8/2017 8:01 AM, wrote:
1.5A 9VDC supply, $6.95!

RTFMessage! This is a DC power supply (about a hundred of 'em - you
could have linked to the one you thought was the right one). A DC power
supply won't power a device that expects an AC input, at least not with
considerable modification.

I can't say offhand how the numbers work out, but I have two of them running
off a (10V at 1.2A) Triad FP10-1200 flatpack transformer, along with some
crossover electronics that probably take a hundred mA. The Triads are pretty
conservatively rated, they fit into a 1U case, but I think the 1.2A is the
largest one available.

If I was looking for 9 or 10 volts at 1.5A, I would look at the Amveco
(formerly Talema) toroids.

I used to buy standard 12V Xfmrs, and removed secondary turns to whatever I needed. Costly to buy non-standard voltages, 18V CT makes more sense.

Jack