Desuma Desuma is offline
Junior Member

You must have been in the same 7th grade English class, I had to memorize that exact same version of the Odyssey! ...my native land is Ithica, a sun bright island low of shore, which lies far out to sea, and towards the west. Rugged it is, this land of mine, yet breeds a sturdy youth, and I can find no land more sweet to me than this, my native Ithaca.... I have been trying to find this translation, and ran across your post....do you remember what edition this is? Thanks! Desuma

I can still recite "I am Odysseus, great Laertes' son, for cunning plans
of every kind known among men; and even to heaven has spread my fame...."

It's truly amazing what kind of stuff sticks to one's brain.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |