Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

Default Fantasy tube

In article .com,
Andre Jute wrote:

But even if we take up Max's idea, of a second GZ37 in the same
envelope with an independent filament for each plate, that's too many
connectors to fit into my other parameter of a standard octal base.
(Four plates and 6 filament/cathode connectors add up to 10.)

The triple cathode scheme I suggested requires only 7 pins, so it would
easily fit an octal socket, although the creepage distance might not be
enough for a kilovolt supply. Perhaps one of those ceramic bowl bases
like the 5R4GWY has, along with a ceramic socket, might make it workable.

Regards,

John Byrns