Julian Adamaitis

"IS" wrote in message
news
Is there any really good computer software out there for recording and
editing that does not require any specific hardware?

For IBM compatible type PC's:

Audition
Cool Edit
Sound Forge
Sonar
Cakewalk
Audacity
Total Recorder

to name only a few will all run on virtually any sound card.

I'd spend a little on the sound card though. The LynxOne products have been
highly recommended on this thread which is what I use too, but they are a
little spendy. Still, if you have the bucks, go ahead and get one. The
Echo MIA MIDI is a good 2 track card for $150, and Echo also has multitrack
models. M Audio is good and so is Edirol.

Julian