Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,rec.audio.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen   Holder is offline

Default Typical first pass tutorial process on Windows 10 where NONE of the extent how to articles actually tell you what you really need to do!

On Fri, 06 Nov 2020 19:41:00 -0500, Paul wrote:

Well, it's a standard.
That makes it easy :-) Don't have to be Kreskin.
Intel issued HDAudio_03.pdf (2004), that's the spec.
"Industry standard 48-pin QFP package and pinout for codec." (Page 14)
Paul

Way back when, I once went to a Kreskin event, where I went up on stage.
o Then I left on my own accord 'cuz it was clear the games he was playing.

It turns out those who _want_ to _stay_ on stage will play his game...
o Those who don't play his game simply leave the stage (or don't go up).

Anyway, I get it now that the 48-pin pinout is the Intel specification.
o Where your sound controller is apparently an ADI AD1988A chip.
https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/datasheets/AD1988A_1988B.pdf

While mine is definitely the Realtek ALC888S sound controller chip:
o https://i.postimg.cc/44HsVbX0/48pinu6.jpg
https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/datasheets/ALC888S_DataSheet_1.2.pdf