Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/16/2010 6:03 PM Arfa Daily spake thus:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

And you still don't get American humor. ;-)

Wot ! You mean there is such a thing ... ? d:-}

Nah, all our humor comes from the UK: Monty Python, Dame Edna, Eddy
Izzard, Tracy Ullman, etc.

Ackshooly, I've been saying for years that there are two types of
Americans distinguishable by their taste for Brit humor. One one side we
have the PBS-type humor, exemplified by "Are You Being Served?" (which I
despise); on the other are those who like Benny Hill. I'm in the latter
camp myself. (Hey, what's better than total slapstick? Worked for Chaplin
...)

You really shouldn't dis 'Are You Being Served ?' It was an absolute
classic up there with the likes of Fawlty Towers ... The double entendre
with things like Mrs Slocombe's pussy, were really quite risque for
British TV at the time. Although I used to really enjoy Benny Hill for its
pure slapstick, the humour was much cruder than that of AYBS.

Arfa

One of my favorite Benny Hill sequences was the one where he was the movie
director, and the scene was a couple in a gazebo. He told them to kiss, and
then told her to look down, (demurely) and say, "And what is this thing
called, "love".

So: Camera....Action....And they kiss, and she looks down and says, (in a
heavy cockney accent) "And what is THIS thing called, love?