Posted to rec.audio.tech
Joe Sterling Joe Sterling is offline

Default Bose 901 drivers

wrote:
Joe Sterling wrote:
When charging $100 for a $5 driver, they can afford to give away an
occasional cable.

geoff

Perhaps so. But I spent $20K on the high-end stuff and I had to argue
about covering a $100 repair.

It's NOT "a $100 repair," it's an $1800 repair if they suffer
from typical foam rot.

So, let's look at it from that point: $1800 for maybe $200
worth of drivers, giving them the benefit of doubt. Nine-to-
one markup: we all should be so lucky.

I'm not the guy who started this thread over his drivers; I simply
chimed in when that famous Bose rhyme got inserted into the discussion.

My problem was a fuse in a preamp that cost less than $100 to repair.
But after spending $20K, I still got a hassle. Bose customers don't
experience that.

Joe