Posted to rec.audio.tech
Joe Sterling Joe Sterling is offline

Default Bose 901 drivers

Eeyore wrote:
"Mr.T" wrote:

"Geoff" wrote in message

At $100 each it is just not practical to do so. The price quoted
above is purely marketing. The oem drivers are mass-production
below-average quality drivers.

We all know that. But you pays yer money and makes yer choice.

Absolutely, the real question though is if he knew that, why the hell did he
buy them in the first place?

No highs, no lows, it must be Bose !

Graham

Hi Bose bashers. Can't answer a simple question without a putdown, eh?

Well, let me weigh in on why someone might buy Bose. I'll start by
stipulating that they are inferior in all the ways the cognescenti
claim, OK?

First off, Bose has great marketing. They know how to sell their
products.

Second, their products are easy to use. You don't need to be a charter
subscriber to The Absolute Sound to operate their systems.

Third, their products are attractive and sleek.

And fourth, their customer service is great. I have a personal example
of that. I have a pretty high-end system in my house that cost over
$20K and I bought it from a high-end audio store filled with experts
who probably despise Bose as much as you do. And when I had problems
with one of the components, what did I get? Snotty, grudging service
and arguments about things being "out of warranty", as well as
finger-pointing between the manufacturer of the amp and the preamp.

On the other hand, when the pin on the rca cable for my 2-year-old Bose
headphones got bent (by me), I walked into a nearby Bose store and they
just gave me a free replacement cable. With a big smile. No questions
asked. Bose makes their customers feel appreciated and valued.

The above are among the reasons Bose is so successful. And they
deserve their success.

Joe