Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Bose 901 drivers

"Eeyore" wrote in message
$40 in 1985 would be $70 now.

I think you better check the official inflation figures and re-do your
calculations.
Or at least tell us how the hell you came up with that figure?

I gather US inflation has been less than in Europe but it still sounds a

little
optimistic to me. I'd guess more like $90-100 perhaps.

And that would still be optimistic for any usual measure of inflation IMO.
I can't see the point in someone pulling such figures from their arse
though, especially when writing them as if they are fact.
(which mercifully you haven't done at least)

MrT.