Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default Subwoofers! Etc.

geoff wrote:

=============

Actually I'm repairing a Bose 1800VI power amp that is reputed to be
quite good. But when you pull it apart it turns out to be Carvin.

** Yep, a PM1400 " magnetic field " job.

Tip from an expert:
Be very wary of any amplifier that has speaker maker's name on it.

Bose, JBL, AR, Renkus-Heinz, EV, Altec ......

I was thinking about a different amp entirely, which was internally
Carvin - not Carver.

This says Bose on the PCBs - I wounder what the Carver one says.

**Err - it says "CARVER"

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index....oes-on.776885/

It is
a 'straightish' Class AB power amp with a touch where DC rails are
monitored and a triac momentarily switches in an extra section of mains
transformer primary if they dip.

** Bit like the Carver then.

....... Phil