"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

Somebody posts something at odds with reality and Arny points it out,
sometimes pointedly, and people think he's being a ******* for popping
their balloon.

That's incorrect. Arny has his opinions and he's a jerk about it.

OSAF.

oh - and your statement wasn't?

People with opposing opinions which happen to be strongly
held beliefs, could be right

But until they prove it, they are nothing more than guesses.

Incorrect again. Reality is reality. They could be right. You can't
prove that they aren't.

Whatwas that about proving a negative? As long as your assertion is
unproven, it's just an assertion.

Just because they haven't been able
to PROVE it yet, doesn't mean it's wrong.

It is until it's proven. Sorta like the courts, if you can't prove it, it
didn't happen.

It doesn't mean anything except that they think it.

Thanks for agreeing that they could be right.

I never discount that possibility. I do discount anecdotes as proof.

I'm open to evidence, Arny has some...

What evidence are you referring to? That he's an angry person?

That may be, but he produces evidence to make his case, the anti-ABXers,
etc. don't. Mostly it seems people are ****ed at Arny for being supremely
confident, and not being ashamed about it. IME, those types of people are
nearly always feared and slandered.

Bottom line is nobody has to read what he writes. If you don't read it, it
can't upset you.