"Robert Morein" wrote in message
You didn't like it when I "made up facts" about you, ie., "approval" of
the Oklahoma City bombing.
It was intended to illustrate a point of netiquette.

Got it, you're an idiot.

You can see from your own reaction, it is not a nice thing to do. Don't
intepret people's posts to infer things they didn't say.

I never do, I play with people who say stupid things, which is what I do
with you, sometimes. Other times I just pull out something you did say like
the thing about the telescope.

Don't take for
granted what other people say about somebody. If you have any doubt, ask
them what they mean. Arny has been doing this kind of thing for years, and
people really hate him for it. You don't have to be a liar like him.

I have yet to see him tell a flat out lie, he does the same thing I do, he
just fires back the same kind of things people make up about him, like the
bad scientist crap. I've been participating here for longer than you and
I've seen what has been going on. Somebody posts something at odds with
reality and Arny points it out, sometimes pointedly, and people think he's
being a ******* for popping their balloon.

If on some rare occasion, Arny gets some bit of data wrong, he cops to it.

People like George, and others think that because this is an opinion
newsgroup, they should only be subjected to opinions. Actual facts need not
be discussed.

There comes a point when it ought to be clear Arny's not going to stop
letting pseudo-scientific Stereophile/TAS type nonsense go unchallenged.
All the vitriol you guys have come up with over the past decade ought to be
enough to convince you of this fact. Let it go, if you really don't think
it's nice, don't encourage rebuttal, don't rebut. If you must rebut, don't
sink into the muck you claim your opponent is wallowing in. Take the moral
high ground and be done with it.

Over on RAHE people have long drawn out conversations over ABX and still
nothing has changed. The people who know the truth about audio correct the
bull****. The people who beleive the busll****, continue to do so, and
sometimes give up talking about it, some from boredom, some from realizing
there is no validation for their view.

If you can't stand what Arny says, you don't have to read it.

If you continue to fling bull**** it continues to get flung back, so seeing
as your so smart, why is it you haven't grasped that fact? Why don't you be
better than your alleged enemy?

I suspect it is because for most of the people participating, it's not about
imaginined wounds or about cranky dispositions, or alleged lies, it's about
the game, and the game is how can I be insulting enough to make somebody
leave, or just drive them to distraction.