Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] jobst.brandt@stanfordalumni.org is offline

Default Who should be first to die off in the "energy crisis"?

Tom Sherman wrote:

I'm not "anti-cyclist," I'm anti-scofflaw. The vast majority of
cyclists I've encountered during the course of my life have shown
either a profound ignorance of or a profound disdain for the rules
of the road, routinely running stop signs, ignoring traffic signals
and lane markers, switching lanes without signaling and a whole
host of other downright ****ing rude behaviours. It's a miracle
more of them aren't set upon and beaten to a pulp by irate
motorists.

"behaviours"? Did you mean "behaviors"? (Two can play this game).

Try riding a bicycle in accordance with the law, and getting
deliberately run off the road by some asshole, or having a full can
of beer thrown at you from a vehicle traveling in excess of 100
kph. Those actions are ATTEMPTED MURDER, yet the police laugh in
your face if you file a complaint.

There are many ways to operate a vehicle, car or bicycle that,
although legal, is unsafe, rude and presumptuous of self importance.
Mostly things one wouldn't do as a pedestrian on a sidewalk in a city.
I have experienced many riders with whom I do not like to ride on
narrow mountain roads because they ride in a thoughtless manner
violating common courtesy.

That people on bicycles ride in such a manner is apparent in the
number of close slices, rude comments from an open window, and horn
honking, occurring when I am with such riders. I suspect that those
who advocate "taking the lane" and the like on this forum, fit that
description.

I've seen clueless two-wheeled turds cause serious injury accidents
when motorists were forced to dodge their ridiculous antics in
order to avoid squashing them. I've seen them kick dents into the
sides of innocent motorists' vehicles and then disappear down a
convenient side street or alley. I've seen them knock down
pedestrians, run over pets, curse motorists in traffic (some of
them mothers with young children) and stop to **** in someone's
front yard shrubbery. They impede the smooth flow of traffic and
become downright snotty when called on it. For every "clueless
two-wheeled turd" on a bicycle, we can find ten or a hundred
"clueless four-wheeled turds" in a steel cage.

No, you just notice the "people on bicycles" that are irresponsible
and tar vehicular cyclists with that brush.

Cyclists DO NOT kill innocent people the way ignorant motorists in
their steel cages do.

That depends on how you call that event. Bicyclists, can cause motor
vehicle crashes while riding unpredictably (taking the lane).

**** 'em. Clear?

**** the clueless cagers that kill and main hundreds of thousands
per year.

I am suspicious of writer's cycling behavior when I they delve into
rude and socially unacceptable language. This newsgroup seem to be
heading that way in general.
--
Jobst Brandt