Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Quadraphonic vs Surrond Sound

On 30/04/2015 15:49, Scott Dorsey wrote:
John Williamson wrote:

I also note that whoever mangled your file used a dynamic range
compressor set so badly that the bass is causing the vocals and all the
other instruments to pump in time to the beat. The copy I have here
sounds much cleaner, as it was sympathetically produced from the
original studio master, and massaged gently to make it fit in with the
rest of the compilation. The bass and vocals on mine also sound a *lot*
cleaner, as no compression was applied to the master tape output.

"Turn up the gain from the audimax into the volumax until it starts pumping.
Then turn it up just a little bit more. It has to be pumping, that is how
you know it's working."
-- Engineer-In-Charge, WTAR-AM

Ah, yes. You have a point. ;-)

--