Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc
J. B. Wood J. B. Wood is offline

Default Adcom GTP-500 II (Correction)

In article , "J.B. Wood"
wrote:

Hello, all. I have the subject audio preamp/tuner that I purchased way
back in 1991. It has worked flawlessly over the years but yesterday
started randomly power cycling (the unit uses a relay) without operator
intervention. When it's on and feeding the companion GTP-500 II audio
power amp everything works audio-wise except that in addition to the
power cycling, infrared remote control has also been rendered
inoperative. Has anyone seen this or similar behavior in other
products? I currently do not have the service manual. I did unplug the
unit from the AC line for 24+ hours but upon restoring AC power the
problem continues. Thanks for your time and comment.

Hello, and wrt the above I should have said "companion GFA-545 II audio
power amp." Sorry for the confusion. Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337