Mike

Default Tech: Swapping Sony CDX-805 with Sony CDX 757MX 10 CD Changer

I have a 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. I purchased it with
an after-market Sony CDX-805 10 disk CD player and JBL header.
Although the changer system works ok with store-bought CDs, it skips
and has problems loading CDR disks with MP3s. I was thinking of
replacing the CDX-805 CD unit with the CDX-757MX, which I read accepts
the CDRs with no problems. My questions are can I simply swap out the
old changer unit with the new one by replacing the three connectors
going to the changer? Or, do I need to re-install the whole thing with
new cables and remote controls? (Also, do I need any special
additional interface unit for this new Sony unit?)

My current changer is mounted with a few sheet metal screws in the
trunk. It has three connectors attached to it: the left channel RCA
jack, the right channel RCA jack, and a black round plug that is VERY
difficult to remove (I'm not sure if this has a special catch to it to
remove...I'll give it a more concerted effort when it is time to
replace the changer). The current set up also has a wired remote unit
that comes out of the dashboard in the front of the car. I also have a
wireless remote control.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike