Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] gickosa@yahoo.de is offline

Default d&r dayner hookup problems

On 7 Mai, 22:20, mellowmatic wrote:
hi Sascha,

many thanks for the "great person" :-) I just want to help.
Dayner users must stick together!

I did 2 more drawings which I think will clear things up:http://www.mellowmatic.net/dayner/im...nnections2.gif

Fig. 5 shows the schematic representation of a symmetrical cable,
which I used for all the drawings.
Everything in black (lower line + the 2 squashed circles) is the cable
shield,
the blue and red lines are the 2 wires inside.

Fig. 6 shows the working version, the upper drawing is for stereo
jack, the lower the corresponding one for XLR (like fig. 2).
- The ground on Motu (sleeve on jack, pin 1 on XLR ) is connected to
the cable shield
but also to one of the wires. On the Dayner side only the wire is
connected to the sleeve.

- "Hot" on Motu (tip on jack, pin 2 on XLR ) is connected to the other
wire, which connects to the ring of the dayner jack.

- "Cold" on Motu isn't connected at all.

Some general words:
you said that the problems started when connecting something to the
CRM out.
I would leave the connections to the Motu alone and focus on the
connections on the CRM out.
Your KRK V88 monitors have balanced inputs, so try the connection
scheme on fig. 3.
I did it this way and it helped me a lot!

and again: I hope this helps

greetings,

Pierre

Dayner users must stick together! :-)

Dear Pierre

I try your version, but the result is that the ground loop say hello!
My wiring that works is as follows: motu hot (tip) to dayner hot
(ring), motu cold (ring) to dayner sleeve, motu sleeve (not connected)
to dayner sleeve. The only problem by this solution is, that the
signal is 6db to loud! But at this way i had absolutely no hum and
noise. At this configuration i can push 32 fader to the "0" position
and pull my monitors on the max and all i can hear is a basic
"hiss" (very quiet!) and no hum. Is there an alternative, that i can
reduce the level whithout hum? And is it normal, when the tape return
comes in with 0db and the tape send put the signal out with -6db? I
don"t understand this. Can you explain me that?
thanks for your feedback
Sascha

Dayner users get worked..........................

greetings and good night