Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] aquarius@pt.lu is offline

Default d&r dayner hookup problems

hi Sascha,

I think the easiest way is doing some drawings, so that's what I
did :-)
I don't know if I can embed images here, so here's the link:
http://www.mellowmatic.net/dayner/im...onnections.gif
img src="http://www.mellowmatic.net/dayner/images/connections.gif"
width="600" height="1000"

On fig. 1 is shown my first try with the issues mentioned in my
earlier post.

On fig. 2 is shown the version which works.
I have to say that I tried this only on the tape returns so far.
For the tape sends it should work in the same way.
Please notice that on the Dayner side the cable shield is not
connected.

Fig. 3 and 4 show the connection from the CRM out to the monitor amp /
active speakers.

Fig. 3 is for balanced inputs.
I highly recommend this version if balanced inputs are available.
Of course there are other options connecting an unbalanced output to a
balanced input.
But I often had good experiences with this one.

Fig 4. shows the (only possible?) connection scheme for unbalanced
inputs.
I encountered hum with this one. But lifting the ground by the ground
lift switch on the power amp made it work.
(If your power amp / active speaker has only unbalanced inputs and no
ground lift switch, there may be a problem.)

again, I hope this helps...

best wishes,

Pierre