Posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Default I Want Control! Complete and Total Control!

In rec.audio.opinion mimus wrote:

I want a double- drawer- or- better *programmable* CD player, goddamit.

One which allows you to punch in, say, (some equivalent of) "-N" to mean
"play all tracks up to track N", and "N+" "play all tracks from N on", and
"M-N" "play tracks M to N", all in programming sequences like "-J M-N P-Q
S+" (across different disks as well, of course).

(And I don't even have the spirit to put individual track level and--
ooh-ooh-- track crossfade control on my wish list.)

You want to be streaming your music from a computer, then.
Your needs are easily met, using something like foobar2000
to play lossless files.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority