Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_] Neil[_9_] is offline

Default AT 2050 dead

On 10/26/2020 1:10 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
T.W. Day wrote:
A friend gave me an AT2050 condenser to fix. The mic had been dropped HARD =
and the capsule is clear shorted. I tried to give it back, but he said, "Ke=
ep it, maybe you can use the parts for something." "Something" is probably =
right. The 2050's capsule is a weird little 27mm thing, wrapped in a plasti=
c frame and not particularly well-built. I thought about modifying the caps=
ule stand to hold an actual 34mm capsule, but it would be nice to have a sc=
hematic in case I need to modify the circuit. Does anyone know if there is =
a source for AT mic service information?

AT used to have schematics for all their products on the datasheets. They
were simplified schematics, but still very useful for repair. That stopped
in the early nineties, and now there is little service info available.

But I bet they will sell you a replacement capsule for the 2050 for a
reasonable price.
--scott

I just tried A-T's website and get a 503 error (page not available).
Perhaps they're done?

--
best regards,

Neil