Posted to rec.audio.pro
T.W. Day T.W. Day is offline

Default AT 2050 dead

A friend gave me an AT2050 condenser to fix. The mic had been dropped HARD and the capsule is clear shorted. I tried to give it back, but he said, "Keep it, maybe you can use the parts for something." "Something" is probably right. The 2050's capsule is a weird little 27mm thing, wrapped in a plastic frame and not particularly well-built. I thought about modifying the capsule stand to hold an actual 34mm capsule, but it would be nice to have a schematic in case I need to modify the circuit. Does anyone know if there is a source for AT mic service information?