Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default The truth about cables !

On 10/10/2020 2:41 pm, Les Cargill wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:
On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/

geoff

Sadly, some people will actually believe this.

Ty Ford

The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly
wrong.
In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS

... if they "weigh" at all.Â* I actually do not recall if they have
weight, or just mass.

than the ions in the stationary copper lattice. Because of this,
electrons
tend to float in the denser atoms. Therefore, for €śfast€ť bass, you should
put the amp BELOW the speakers, so that the electrons can float upwards.

I tell you, there are so many misconceptions out there...

"Ladies and gentlemen, attention please
Come in close so everyone can see
I got a tale to tell
A listen don't cost a dime
And if you believe that we're gonna get along just fine" -
Snake Oil, Steve Earle.

Snake oil is an important component of Americana. Wasn't for
snake oil...

Not electrical, but physical. My self-built LS3-5As are lined not with
bituminous sheet, but lead sheet. Not so good for light music, but just
GREAT for Heavy Metal !

geoff

geoff