Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Simple PP Amp with +ve & -ve FB

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 7:37:07 PM UTC-5, John L Stewart wrote:
John Stewart Nov 2015

This circuit is based on an amplifier I built for a friend to be used
with a guitar & mike. The date on the schematic is Dec 7, 1958, almost
57 years ago. The entire project was built on a sub chassis & installed
inside an 8x12x3 Hammond chassis. Only the power amp is covered here.

Thank you! A very nice, simple circuit. And further support of my contention that with tube amps, there has been nothing new since perhaps 1970, or so (very probably 1960) but for a few tube variants. We try to make a better mousetrap, but soon realize that the good old Cat still does it best.

This is not a bad analogy, as it happens. Tubes can be troublesome, are entirely incompatible with some, require careful attention and understanding, yet can be very rewarding. Much as a cat. I also find, coincidentally, that of my acquaintances and friends that keep tube audio, more than half of them also are kept by a cat. Murphy & Seamus spend a good deal of time with me when I am either listening or working in my Radio Room. Supervision and companionship.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA