Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_11_] Chuck[_11_] is offline

Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and mic cables

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 00:24:16 -0000 (UTC), david gourley
wrote:

(Scott Dorsey) said...news
david gourley wrote:
Trevor said...news On 7/06/2018 1:05 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Tim Sprout

wrote:
On 6/5/2018 6:24 AM, wrote:
I can confirm that this type snake CAN create an ultrasonic
oscillation that can quickly damage a power amp.

How does one detect ultrasonic oscillations?

Usually by the smoke. I once saw a Phase Linear amp shoot fire three
feet
in the air due to stability issues. It was very impressive but cut

the
band's
act somewhat short.

They weren't nick-named "Flame Linear's" for nothing. :-)

The SAEs didn't seem to be far behind, either.

Agreed, and SWTPC also was famous for instability. The Phase Linear,

though,
was famous because it just had such an enormous amount of power and such
poor stability margins. The combination was bad.
--scott

Yessir, those Tigers could roar !

david

---

Those darn things would break into spurious oscillation driving a
resistive load. I came up with a mod that made them stable enough that
a local rock band used them as their main amps.