Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

Default The Triode Connected 46!

GerryE123 wrote:
"Raymond Koonce" wrote:

So, where can I get a pair of these adapters? I have some nice NOS 46s
just waiting to go.

Raymond

Hi Raymond:

Here's some more info about the adapter. First, here are some links to a
few photos:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...3/adapter1.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...3/adapter2.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...3/adapter3.jpg

It looks like Kara took a five-pin socket and fit it inside a four-pin tube
base. Internally, the second grid of the dual grid 46 is connected to the
first grid for Class A triode operation.

I would think that someone who is handy and knows what they are doing could
do this fairly easily. If you don't want to try it yourself, maybe you
could find someone on the Tube DIY (Audio) Asylum to do it for you:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/tubediy/bbs.html

Gerry

Gerry,

Thanks for the information. I'll bet I have some dead 4-pin tubes and a
couple of 5-pin sockets lying around. Some epoxy to hold things
together and it should work nicely. I'll give it a try and report back.

Best regards,

Raymond