Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default mic direct to video camera?

JL wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. The double system makes sense, as does
Don's suggestion of going directly to the computer with audio which is
an option I have available to me now. I'll have to give that some
more consideration.

Give it a try. If you record directly to the computer, you then just
have to transfer the video into the computer and you're ready to edit.

If you don't have a slate, just clearly say the scene and take numbers
while showing the numbers on your hands, then clap your hands together.
When you edit, use the clap to synch everything up and it will stay
locked because both the computer and the video recorder will be locked
to pretty accurate standards these days.

I missed the Josephson C42 when I first looked on
their website as I was looking for mics that had an internal battery
power option in addition to phantom power. Thanks again.

You limit yourself severely if you want battery power. But a battery-powered
phantom supply isn't all that expensive.