Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default mic direct to video camera?

JL wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Double-system is the way to go, I strongly suspect. And I'd take
a single Josephson C4 or A-T 4053 over a stereo pair in the same
price range, hands down. Especially for video where most of
the listeners won't have accurate stereo imaging anyway.

Double system?

Double system. You record the audio on an audio recorder, the video on
a video recorder. You slate at the beginning of each take, and then you
line the two up together in editing. That way you don't have to deal with
the junk audio electronics in the video camera.

I couldn't find information on the Josephson C4 but
the AT4053 requires phantom power.

So does the Josephson, which is probably described at www.josephson.com.
You'll find just about any condenser mike worth using does. If you need
to use an outboard phantom supply, Stewart makes a good one for cheap.