Arny Krueger

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

"DougC" wrote in message
albert wrote:

Will audio CD get scratches if they are played often ? ....

Because you shouldn't be playing your CD's, silly.---You rip them to a
computer as 192 Kb/sec MP3's, and then run the computer's good-soundcard
audio output into your amp's line-in. Then you can store all your
expensive/rare CD's in a secret underground vault where they are safe.
Ta Daa! ........ -For super-extra bonus points, get some jukebox
software (Musicmatch Jukebox is one)--it is wonderful to be able to set
up a playlist spanning your entire music collection, that resumes on the
playlist wherever it left off last time you used it.
~

There's no doubt that MP3 processing at least occasionally causes some sonic
compromises. Given that big hard drives are cheap, there's nothing difficult
about going the no-compromise route and just ripping and playing .WAV files.

At this time it seems to me that iTunes is the best deal going for
integrated ripping and music library management.