Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

Default pro microphones

On Sun 2012-Jul-29 12:36, Frank Stearns writes:

- extra credit to recast the clientele and projects; see how your
locker contents
might (or might not) change.

Indeed! IN fact, when I was first setting up for remote
truck a few years ago I went through a very similar
exercise, with an eye toward having to spend my own money.
Then additional factors I had to consider we

What might I be able to rent that isn't in my locker? Of
that which isn't available on the rental market how often
might I choose it?

snip
Great extensions to the assignment, Richard: adding a little bit of
Business 101 as
far as the amount of projected use of a given mic during its
amortization period,
and weighing renting vs. buying.

Which might have been just the assignment I'd give one
student. YOu're going to be doing field recording, or
remote, whatever you wish to call it. I might give each
student a different wrinkle on the assignment, not just to
write a paper, but to present before the class. But then,
I'm not a teacher at a recording school.

And indeed, if you can "piggyback" with PA companies you know and
trust (and vice
versa), that too is another good consideration.

Right, which I knew going in that pa companies would be
using certain microphones pretty regularly. THe ubiquitous
Shure 57 and 58 come to mind, etc. IF you recall, a few
years ago I put this question to this group just tosee what
other folks came up with, and got some good responses, but
from the usual suspects who know waht they're about of
course.

So, before the op decides to get offended at us crotchety
old men I hope he reads this thread with an eye toward
learning something, and realizes that if his school isn't
teaching him any better than is evidenced by his post here
he should demand his money back.

Regards,
Richard