Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Stereo receievers: THD of .04 vs. .08

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote

So what's the THD of your QSC USA amplifier @ 100mW / ~
900mV with a speaker load ? That's YOUR reality.

I rummaged around and found some test data I took some
years back at a power level of 1 watt into an 8 ohm
resistive load.

Test 1: sine wave test with 1 KHz tone.

Stimulus 1 was 1 watt @ 1 KHz into 8 ohm resistive load:

All harmonics through approx 40 KHz were 96 dB or more
below 1 watt.

In that case your test was defective.

On what grounds?

That you disagree with the results?

On the grounds that I know it to be 100% implausible. I'd be stunned if
I could design a low-cost commercial amp that good quite frankly and I
know that Pat Quilter's no better at it than I am.

How low can you go?

I didn't actually say that to YOU because I was being nice but you
really do need to revisit your test methods.

The numbers you quoted suggests to me that there was no load attached.
Maybe you'd like to try the test again ?

Graham