Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

Default Windows Media Player .mp2 files time readout

In message , geoff
writes
On 13/09/2018 4:39 PM, Jason wrote:
In article ,
says...
But does it show that timer when a mpeg1 Layer 2 file is being played?

Yes. I found a 50-second sample file by googling.

Why not simply make one ? Assuming you have basic audio editing software ...

geoff

Thanks, Geoff.

Nowadays I just use Audition 3, which doesn't, as far as I know, enable
saving as .mp2.
When I was actively doing this a long, long time ago, I used to use a
"Media Magic" soundcard with Cool Edit, which was the only affordable
device I could find that supported .mp2. Sadly, I no longer have a
working machine with an ISA bus.

I've just tried Audacity and used it to record a test file. I am
embarrassed to say that I didn't think of looking at Reaper or the other
audio softwares I have here, either.

The countdown timer does work here in both VLC and Windows Media Player
on the files I've created, and I haven't yet managed to get hold of one
of the files that showed him the problem.

I did wonder if vbr .mp2 files might behave differently. I don't know
whether DAB .mp2 is vbr or not.
--
Bill

---