Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

Default Windows Media Player .mp2 files time readout

I can't easily test this myself, so I wondered it anyone here knows the
answer.
I've been asked why, when using Windows Media Player in Windows 7 to
play wave and mp3 files, he sees and can select a countdown timer at the
bottom of the screen. However, when playing mp2 files, the countdown
timer doesn't work.
I understand that the mp2 files are of radio programmes captured
digitally from DAB broadcasts.

He thinks, but can't be certain, that it used to countdown under XP.

I wonder whether "Classic Media Player" or something else would show
this, but I can't instantly find any .mp2 files here to test with..
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com