Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Mind Stretchers

On Sat, 26 May 2012 15:35:37 -0700, KH wrote
(in article ):

Take vinyl vs. CD for example. I'm fairly convinced that one reason
(whether anyone agrees with me or not) that many who continue to find
vinyl more realistic than CD - specifically among us old-timers - is
that listening to vinyl for decades creates a mental "image" of what
reproduced music should sound like. An image that contains all the
artifacts specific to vinyl playback, but which are lacking in CD
reproduction.

That is an interesting point. I have never considered that, but you might be
correct in that deduction. Of course, it doesn't explain kids who are just
now flocking to vinyl having never before been exposed to it. But it
certainly could be a major factor with us old fogies.