Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Barss[_2_] Andrew Barss[_2_] is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

C. Leeds wrote:
: wrote
: (in ):

: Wrong. All observations are facts. The conclusions we draw from our
: observations may be true or false, however.

: No, this is mistaken. Any observation is subject to error. For example,
: the eye is easily fooled by optical illusion, and eyewitness testimony
: is notoriously unreliable.

Very true. But observations themselves are facts -- you seen X, you hear Y -- but
it requires an inferential leap to conclue that X and Y correspond to
something outside your own mind and perceptual systems. So, in a sense,
you're both correct.

-- Andy Barss

[ Moderator's note: let's get the conversation back to
more directly audio-related matters, please? -- dsr ]