Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andy Evans Andy Evans is offline

Default Tube amplifier poll

On Aug 10, 5:15?am, "maxhifi" wrote:
I'd like to take a simple poll. I don't really want to make it into a debate
about the merits of various configurations, I'm just curious about what's in
use. What is the configuration of the amplifier you most commonly listen to?

Balanced Push Pull all DHT amplifier on 2 chassis, driven from a
balanced DAC

Mains transformer 0-300v Actual voltage 312v
Resistance of secondary 39R
First cap: 47uF electrolytic Voltage:366
Choke: 10uF 91R
Second cap: 80uF polyprop Voltage:354
Choke 10uF 150R
Third cap: 40uF polyprop Voltage:350
Resistor: 1.6k measured, probably 1.5k
Fourth cap: 40uF polyprop Voltage:341

Input stage = differential pair, DC coupled to driver stage
Valve type: 30 globe Mu=9.3 Anode resistance 10.3
Anode resistor = 60k Anode Voltage = 156
Cathode resistor = CCS Bypass = none
Cathode Voltage = 9.7 Current each valve = 3mA

Driver stage = differential pair, push pull
Valve type: 112A globe Mu=8.5 Anode resistance 5.1k
Anode resistor = Transformer 1:1 Anode Voltage = 350
Cathode resistor = 11.5k shared Bypass = none
Cathode Voltage = 172 Current each valve = 7.5mA

Output stage = differential pair, push pull
Valve type: 2a3 Mu=4.2 Anode resistance 800R
Anode resistor = Transf. 6.6k Anode Voltage = 354
Cathode resistor = 622 shared Bypass = 100uF Polyprop
Cathode Voltage = 58 Current each valve = 46mA